MAGEEWP

Themes for WordPress

MAGEEWP

Themes for WordPress

Homepage Forums Magee Theme Issues with PHP 7?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Radu 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Radu
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 1
    • Total posts: 4

I just tried using MageePro on a fresh WP install on a server with PHP 7, but once I Activate MageePro, I cannot access the backend anymore, all I get is a white page.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Magee
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 1857
    • Total posts: 1887

We need your ftp account to check.
    If you want you could send us via email.

Remo Reppenhagen
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Total posts: 1

Hello!

I have the same problem with PHP7 and PHP7.1.
    This is followed by an error message that clearly points to the “importer” theme folder and there to the options-import.php file. Under PHP5.6 everything runs stably.

I just saw, however, that I still have version 3.4 of the MageePro theme. I was’nt able to find any infos, if MageePro3.7 supports the current PHP7.0 vs. 7.1 better.

Should I have to make a theme update? This would mean for my existing design (https://blickfang.photo) the inclusion of a childtheme …. puhh …. for me it is quite complicated.

Thank you very much!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Remo Reppenhagen. Reason: website-url inclusion

Radu
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 4

I tried again with a fresh install, again on PHP 7, magee latest version 3.7 but again, it doesn’t work. The theme installs, I can load the front-end of the blog, but I cannot go inside of WordPress any longer, I just get a blank page.

It’s been a long while since October when I first brought this to your attention, plenty of time for you to check the issue yourself and fix it. I think you can do a test install on PHP 7 too and find out what wrong and fix it instead of asking for ftp details for who knows how many people could have this same issue.

I’m sorry to say but support is very low quality for this theme at least. Now I’m actually planning on buying some other themes for some new projects because as I can see, Magee isn’t paying a lot of attention for issues and fixing them and I wouldn’t want to base my projects on this kind of support.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.